Breastfeeding is important for your little one. It is not only a rich source of nutrition for them but also an opportunity to connect and bond with your newest family member. However, there can be certain reasons due to which you may need to use a breast pump.
Whether it’s about low supply or you are going away from your kid, choosing the right breast pump can always be helpful.
How to Choose a Breast Pump?
Even though choosing the right breast pump depends upon your lifestyle and personal needs. However, there are some factors that are important to Consider to make your selection smarter. Let’s get to know about the factors below which can impact your breast pump selection widely.
So, here we go:
- While buying a wireless breast pump, it is always important to stick to your budget range. To make your choice more cost-effective, Consider the accessories which will be needed to use your selected pump.
- If your milk flow is heavier, you must need a breast pump that can cope with your heavy usage. A manual breast pump can be tedious to choose in this regard. While a cordless breast pump can be a smarter choice here.
- Breast milk pumping can be uncomfortable and time-Cons So, if you want to spend less time attaching to your pump, invest in a double pump.
Portability, ease of cleaning, power source, and adjustable suction settings are also important features to Consider here.
Here are our top pics when it’s about the best breast pump options to buy in 2021:
Both of these are wireless breast pump options that make an excellent choice to Consider. Both of these come up with the option to switch power mode when you don’t want to get tangled with wires.
- Both breast pumps come up with a closed system that will keep milk from getting inside the motor.
- S1 can be operated with both a power cord and batteries.
- Both of these breast pumps are quiet enough to offer you relax pumping experience.
- Tubes of these breast pumps may fall off during breast pumping.
This wireless breast pump can make you feel so close to your baby due to its comfortable and effective breast pumping capabilities.
This is another amazing hands-free and cordless breast pump option you can Consider here. This is perfectly designed for the working women who are always on the go. You can connect the pump to the handiest app named My Medela to control pumping.
- It has 2-phase expression technology to make it extremely effective and comfortable.
- It is so quiet that you can easily use it next to a sleeping baby or partner.
- This wireless breast pump is hands-free and easier to clean and use.
- The battery life of this cordless breast pump needs some improvement.
“I have used it with 3 kids, every time it has proved itself as best.”
This is an advanced Medela breast pump that comes up with various features to make it a good option. It is the best, wireless breast pump for bigger chests and moms of twins.
- This breast pump is highly suitable for outdoors and family trips. Because it comes up with all essential accessories packed in an easier-to-carry tote.
- It helps in keeping your supply up with impressive suction strength.
- This is an easier-to-clean breast pump.
- The pump itself is a bit heavier which can be hard to manage for moms on the go.
“I am using this breast pump for quite a time. Its flanges are easier to clean and suction strength feels more comfortable.”
This breast pump is lightweight, small, and easier to manage with the compatible mobile application. Surprisingly, it can offer you a hospital-grade suction experience with ease.
- This wireless breast pump also has around-the-clock lactation support which is just amazing.
- The battery comes up with a little alarm that will alert you when charging is low.
- It is small and compact in design and suitable for traveling.
- This cordless breast pump is expensive and has a short charging life.
“Quiet to operate and easier to use”
Bella Baby is an amazing wireless breast pump that comes up with different suction speed options to help you even out the pumping output. Due to its quiet operation, this breast pump is suitable for pumping sessions at work.
- This is a double electric pump that is available at an affordable price range.
- It is easier to assemble and clean.
- It comes up with a large battery capacity for enhanced convenience.
- The package doesn’t include a carrier.
“A good pump for the price with different setting options.”
This cordless breast pump is using 2-phase expression technology to let your milk flow smoothly. This is a hospital-grade breast pump that is here to make pumping quicker.
- It is a reliable and durable breast pump that you can use for longer with ease.
- It is based on a closed system to protect its motor from getting damaged.
- You can easily use it to pump from one or both sides simultaneously.
- An expensive breast pump model to buy.
“The best breast milk for heavy supply, super mobile.”
Anyone who wants to have a hands-free breast pumping experience must invest in this wireless breast pump. It can fit under your bra easily and you can use it on the go as well.
- This is an amazing wireless breast pump model which can let you pump milk while multitasking.
- You can use it for 5 sessions with one charge only.
- The Willow app can let you track the volume history and pumping easily.
- It is expensive and not the quietest one.
“I love this breast pump absolutely. It let me do anything while pumping.”
Breast Pump Accessories You Might Need
When you are buying a breast pump, it is also important to consider having breast pump accessories you might need to make your pumping experience more relaxing, comfortable, and easier. Here are some of the breast pump accessories you might need to invest in:
- A replaceable breast pump diaphragm to keep your pump functional and avoid backing up your milk.
- Hands-free milk collector cup to collect your milk without any wastage.
- Breast pump flange inserts for an efficient pumping experience.
- Hands-free milk catcher cup to store your milk into bottles without any hassle.
All of these accessories can aid your pumping experience. So, make sure to invest in the ones you feel are essential for you.